Annotations/SeriesMarkerTitles rendering HTML

Need a new feature to LightningChart Ultimate? Post it here and perhaps it will be implemented in the next version...

Moderator: Queue Moderators

greggorob64

Annotations/SeriesMarkerTitles rendering HTML

Post by greggorob64 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:02 pm

I have an awesome graph using lightning charts, and i'd like to make it a little awesomer if possible (shown below)

We've had multiple requests that the annotation below (used in other parts of the chart) have each row be color coded to match the color of the trace on the graph. The way I've had to do it in the past is used windows tooltips (which support HTML rendering) to accomplish different lines having different color text.

I know its kind of a long shot, but the ability to have the annotations and\or seriesmarker titles support html rendering would be awesome.

Thanks!

ArctionPasi

Re: Annotations/SeriesMarkerTitles rendering HTML

Post by ArctionPasi » Thu May 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Thanks for your idea. RTF formatting commands have been asked too. It's eventually a very difficult to include them. Also HTML tables have been asked. And HTML pictures. And HTML font settings inside same Annotation. Eventually a web browser inside LightningChart :shock:

So it's definitely a maybe, just a maybe, some day. :mrgreen:
LightningChart Support Team, PT

greggorob64

Post by greggorob64 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 pm

To make it a *little* simpler, I just want each row to potentially be a different color. You could use your own markup language, with just the tag I need in there :D

...Now that I think of it, I might be able to do that myself without too much of a challenge in the LC source

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Thu May 19, 2016 10:09 pm

BTW, have you noticed the Annotations Table example in v.7 demo apps?
Annotations table
Annotations table
AnnotationsTable.jpg (31.68 KiB) Viewed 22830 times
LightningChart Support Team, PT

greggorob64

Post by greggorob64 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:52 pm

No I didn't, but this would work very good for my marker annotations I was using. I had to fight a huge battle to get the tab spacings to line up in the following image. A table would be pretty nice:

greggorob64

Post by greggorob64 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:10 pm

You wasted like a day and a half of my work :P . I took your example and generate an 'annotationstable' class, which will eventually be flexible to be used multiple contexts for my chart, but the table it generates looks great