Build errors in Release mode

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

mattmobilemedtek

Build errors in Release mode

Post by mattmobilemedtek » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Hello,

I am trying to build the LightningChart 6.3.1 code in Visual Studio 2013 and am getting some build errors. The solution that I'm loading is ArctionSWNET4. I open the project, set the mode to Release, click Clean Solution and then Build Solution. The 6 errors that I'm getting are listed below. I do not get these errors when I build in Debug mode. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Matt

Error 265 The command ""C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\Tools\SharpCLI.exe" "C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\LibNET4\Arction.Direct3D9.dll"" exited with code 1. C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\DirectXNET4\Arction.DirectX\DirectX.PostSettings.targets 22 5 Direct3D9

Error 266 Metadata file 'c:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\LibNET4\Arction.Direct3D9.dll' could not be opened -- 'No metadata was found.' C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\Arction.LightningChartNET4\CSC LightningChartUltimate (Arction\LightningChartUltimate)

Error 268 The command ""C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\Tools\SharpCLI.exe" "C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\LibNET4\Arction.DirectSound.dll"" exited with code 1. C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\DirectXNET4\Arction.DirectX\DirectX.PostSettings.targets 22 5 DirectSound

Error 269 Metadata file 'c:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\LibNET4\Arction.Direct3D9.dll' could not be opened -- 'No metadata was found.' C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\Arction.WPF.LightningChart\CSC LightningChartUltimate (Arction\WPF\LightningChartUltimate)

Error 270 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\MobileMedTek\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\LibNET4\Arction.DirectSound.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.' C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.WinFx.targets 268 9 SignalTools (Arction\WPF\SignalTools)

Error 271 Metadata file 'c:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\LibNET4\Arction.DirectSound.dll' could not be opened -- 'No metadata was found.' C:\Users\ThisUser\Documents\LightningChart\LightningChartUltimate631Source\Arction.SignalToolsNET4\CSC SignalTools (Arction\SignalTools)

ArctionPasi

Re: Build errors in Release mode

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Matt,

there's 'Build instructions for Arction customer.txt' in root of source code archive. The instruction for this problem is in the end of that file.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

brandon

Post by brandon » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:51 pm

We are still having these build issues in any configuration other than Debug

Code: Select all

Error	8	The command ""C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\MMT-ElectroTek2\Tools\SharpCLI.exe" "C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\LibNET4\Arction.DirectSound.dll"" exited with code 1.	DirectSound
Error	10	The command ""C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\MMT-ElectroTek2\Tools\SharpCLI.exe" "C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\LibNET4\Arction.Direct3D9.dll"" exited with code 1.	Direct3D9
Error	11	Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\LibNET4\Arction.DirectSound.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.' 	SignalTools (Arction\WPF\SignalTools)
Error	12	Metadata file 'c:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\LibNET4\Arction.DirectSound.dll' could not be opened -- 'No metadata was found.'	C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\Arction.SignalToolsNET4\CSC	SignalTools (Arction\SignalTools)
Error	13	Metadata file 'c:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\LibNET4\Arction.Direct3D9.dll' could not be opened -- 'No metadata was found.'	C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\Arction.LightningChartNET4\CSC	LightningChartUltimate (Arction\LightningChartUltimate)
Error	14	Metadata file 'c:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\LibNET4\Arction.Direct3D9.dll' could not be opened -- 'No metadata was found.'	C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\Arction.WPF.LightningChart\CSC	LightningChartUltimate (Arction\WPF\LightningChartUltimate)
Error	15	Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\Arction\LibNET4\Arction.Direct3D9.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.' 	MMT.ElectroTek.Wpf
Error	82	Metadata file 'C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\MMT-ElectroTek2\MMT.ElectroTek.Wpf\bin\Release\ElectroTek.exe' could not be found	C:\Users\Brandon\GitHub\MMT-ElectroTek2\MMT.ElectroTek.Tests\CSC	MMT.ElectroTek.Wpf.Tests
I've tried following the build instructions and removing and re-adding the references as files from the LibNET4 folder but the result is the same. I've also tried adding DirectX as a project reference in Direct3D9 or DirectSound and get the same result. The instructions also show a different error than we are seeing though.
SDK and source solution
-----------------------
If you have both SDK and source solution on the same system you might see the next error when building Direct3D9 or DirectSound projects (a long public key string replaced with <PublicKey> for clarity):

Friend access was granted to 'Arction.Direct3D9, PublicKey=<PublicKey>', but the output assembly is named 'Arction.Direct3D9, Version=6.1.5367.25500, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Try adding a reference to 'Arction.Direct3D9, PublicKey=<PublicKey>' or changing the output assembly name to match.

To solve this problem you need to remove Arction.DirectX.dll reference from both Direct3D9 and DirectSound projects in Visual Studio solution explorer and then add new reference to Arction.DirectX.dll from LibNET2 (or LibNET4 depending on the target framework) folder. Then rebuild the solution.
Any ideas?

ArctionJari

Post by ArctionJari » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:25 am

Try if this works: clean your solution, close Visual Studio, delete both bin and obj folders from your project(s) folder and then start Visual Studio and build your solution.

brandon

Post by brandon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Adding the following Pre-Build command line event on the Arction.DirectX solves the problem:

Code: Select all

powershell "gci -inc bin,obj,*.dll,*.pdb,*.dll.check -exclude Arction.Licensing.dll,Arction.MathCore.Core32.dll,Arction.MathCore.Core64.dll -rec | ?{ $_.fullname -notmatch "DX\d\d" } | rm -rec -force"
Because all the build configurations have a common output directory, there is a lot of cleanup that needs to happen to get changing configurations to work properly with the SharpCli stuff. The tricky part is that there are some dll's that shouldn't get deleted. I think the pre-build event above accounts for everything.