Arction.DirectXFiles.dll and deployment

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

greggorob64

Arction.DirectXFiles.dll and deployment

Post by greggorob64 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:38 pm

I'm setting up my lightning application to run on client pc's. Right now i'm doing some simple 3d modeling, some intensity grids, and some 2d line charts.

It seems like my application won't run without Arction.DirectXFiles.dll in the bin directory of my application.

Is there any way around this? I'm trying to avoid bloating my install up by 15 megabytes. Is there a smaller version I could use more trimmed to my needs?

Thanks!

PS: Hopefully you dont mind me filling up your forum with posts. There's so few here and could use questions from the same person ad infinitum!

ArctionPasi

Re: Arction.DirectXFiles.dll and deployment

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri May 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi,

Arction.DirectXFiles.dll
Arction.DirectXInit.dll
Arction.Direct3D9.dll
Arction.DirectX.dll

are all needed. DirectXFiles is a large file, but it gets only loaded on the first time, and on second run the assembly won't be loaded.

Overall it's very convenient way to deploy LightningChart-based app, compared to complex SlimDX runtime install of v.5. The new dlls have the right version of 32-bit and 64-bit DirectX dlls included and DirectX update by Microsoft is not needed.

Keep on posting, they are good questions and hopefully useful for other developers too. :)
LightningChart Support Team, PT