License after OS refresh

Not familiar with licensing? Need help in installing LightningChart Ultimate SDK? User's manual is missing? Post general questions here.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

wojtst

License after OS refresh

Post by wojtst » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Hello there,

I have a question about my LC license.
I need to reinstall/refresh my laptop's OS because of its performance. I haven't changed my laptop hardware configuration except adding more RAM.
Will reinstall/refresh of OS cause any problems with license?
Can I apply my *.alf file again with License Manager after reinstall/refresh?

Thanks for your help,
wojtst.

ArctionPasi

Re: License after OS refresh

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi,

RAM changing or adding doesn't require license reinstall.
For more complex setup changes, we recommend uninstalling and deactivating the license before changing hardware or settings, and then installing and activating it again.

;)
LightningChart Support Team, PT

wojtst

Post by wojtst » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:50 am

Hello,

Should I deactivate a license even if I have developer license? Should I 'Remove' actual license and 'Install from file' again after reinstall?

Thanks in advance.

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:39 am

Hello,

Yes, this is exactly that you should do, if you have developer license. That is, remove license from Arction's License Manager before making complex modification on the machine. And yes, you will required to 'install from file' the license after modifications are done. If online (de)activation is working for you, then it is very fast process, which exclude possibility of license locking and become unusable until we able to reset it manually.

P.S. there is no count limit how many times you deactivate-activate the license. You can do it every day, if you wish ;)

All the best.

wojtst

Post by wojtst » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Thanks for your advices,

I don't know what I've made wrong, but after adding a license from file I got 'Not activated' status and when I click on Activate it shows error like on image.
I'm connected to the internet.
error
error
2.PNG (76.25 KiB) Viewed 25963 times
Best regards.

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 am

Hello,

For debugging purpose, could you try to connect to this page: http://licensing.arction.com/testconnection/

If you see text ‘Connection OK’, then there are two possibilities. One is antivirus software is blocking license module running (check corresponding event log). Another possibility is connection being too slow for license activation.
The workaround for the 1st problem (reported for Norton Security or Webroot SecureAnywhere) is temporal disabling of auto-protection of Antivirus software. That is, disable AV, remove (not activated) license from License Manager and then try installing license again.
The workaround for the 2nd problem (as well as more general solution for 1st) is to use manual (via email) activation option in Arction's LicenseManager.

P.S. The license protection modules and Antivirus software problem is not limited to LightningChart: many developers are facing it. However, we understand frustration of users, and yes we are working to on it to make user experience as smooth as possible.

wojtst

Post by wojtst » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:13 am

Thanks for your response,

The test website returns the "Connection OK".
I haven't got any AV yet, except the windows one. I've tried to disable protection and firewall but that doesn't help.
I've even tried installing Webroot SecureAnywhere trial and disabling it, but it doesn't do the work.
So the last option is email activation as you said.
But I got the response: That my license is activated on another machine and can not be activated until I deactivate it on old.
I think I forgot to remove the license from manager before OS reinstallation and its locked.

Is there any way to make it work again?

Thanks for your help,

wojtst

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:22 am

Please send your subscription ID and formal request to Arction support email [support at arction dot com].