Unable to use lightChart local help after upgrade to v5.1

Not familiar with licensing? Need help in installing LightningChart Ultimate SDK? User's manual is missing? Post general questions here.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

jhyap

Unable to use lightChart local help after upgrade to v5.1

Post by jhyap » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:58 am

I try to access lightChart local help by highlight lightChart class and press F1, then I received an error messageBox when the browser is trying to load to 127.0.0.1. As shown below
error prompt when try to access lightChart help
error prompt when try to access lightChart help
help online error.JPG (32.19 KiB) Viewed 16891 times
Then I go to check my VS2010 help setting and found two lightChart help sdk are installed, as shown below
help lib manager found 2 help lightChart sdk
help lib manager found 2 help lightChart sdk
help lib manager.JPG (43.27 KiB) Viewed 16891 times
I am thinking to remove either one could solve this problem, but not sure which one to remove (usually I think the bigger file size should be the most updated file) or actually both are not suppose to be removed? Shown below
remove either one or not need to remove?
remove either one or not need to remove?
remove which help.JPG (42.58 KiB) Viewed 16891 times

Regards,
:firing: JH
Last edited by jhyap on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

ArctionJari

Re: Unable to use lightChart help online after upgrade to v5

Post by ArctionJari » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 am

Hi JH.

LightningChart Ultimate help content is local only - not online. So first you have to make sure that you are using local help by default. Click "Settings" link on Help Library Manager and make sure that "I want to use local help" is selected.

One other thing to remember is that when you install LightningChart Ultimate SDK and you haven't installed any local help content on Visual Studio 2010 (or 2012) LightningChart Ultimate's help will not be installed. There has to be at least one local help content book installed - and of course "I want to use local help" has to be selected. This is just a reminder. You seem to have other local helps installed so your help environment is ok.

We have plans to provide online help in the future but at the moment only local help is available.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

jhyap

Re: Unable to use lightChart local help after upgrade to v5.

Post by jhyap » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 am

By default I was using local help, just that the help content is opened by browser so I intrinsically think it was online. I already update the misleading post title.

I solved the problem by removing the 11MB lightChart sdk, and re-install the 11MB lightChart.mshc file.

Now I am able to access to local help by pressing F1. Thanks