Using assembly packs

Not familiar with licensing? Need help in installing LightningChart Ultimate SDK? User's manual is missing? Post general questions here.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

ArctionJari

Using assembly packs

Post by ArctionJari » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Assemblies in assembly packs contain minor feature improvements and important bug fixes. Instead of waiting for the whole SDK to be released our customers can use the updated assemblies in their projects much faster. If LightningChart Ultimate SDK has already been installed you need to make sure that you reference the correct assemblies in your project. This topic will provide you with information how to update your project to use the latest assemblies from an assembly pack.
  1. Create a folder for assembly packs. C:\Arction will be used in this tutorial.
  2. Download the latest assembly pack.
  3. To avoid any security problems with Visual Studio make sure that the zip file is not blocked. Right-click the zip file and in the opening context menu click "Properties". If there's an "Unblock" button in the file properties window's "General" tab, click it.
  4. Create a new subfolder in C:\Arction and name it according to the version number of the assembly pack. 6.0.10 will be used in this tutorial.
  5. Extract assembly pack to the new subfolder and make sure that it contains LibNET2 and LibNET4 folders after extraction is done.
  6. Open your project, memorize which Arction assemblies your project is referencing and then remove the references.
  7. Add references to the assemblies you need from C:\Arction\6.0.10 folder.
  8. If you have multiple projects that reference Arction assemblies, execute steps 5 and 6 for them too.
  9. Build your project(s).
  10. If you get an error (e.g. Bad data), close Visual Studio and delete bin and obj folders from your project folder. Then open your project and build.
Note: If you want the referenced assemblies to be automatically copied to your project's output folder, make sure that you have set the related property accordingly. E.g. in Visual Studio set "Copy Local" true. This ensures that all the necessary assemblies are in the same folder as your project executable.

You can use the same instructions when a new assembly pack is available. Just create a new folder for each version. You can remove the older version folders if you don't need them anymore.

To update Visual Studio's toolbox, follow these instructions:
  1. Make the toolbox visible and find LightningChart Ultimate SDK's tab.
  2. Remove all items under the tab.
  3. After the tab is empty right-click inside the tab and click on "Choose Items..".
  4. On component tab page (".NET Framework Components" tab for WinForms or "WPF Components" tag for WPF) browse to C:\Arction\6.0.10\LibNETX (where X is 2 or 4 depending on your project's target framework) and select LightningChartUltimate assembly (WPF of WinForms depending on your project type).
  5. Click "OK" and the updated controls should appear in the toolbox.
  6. Repeast steps 4 and 5 for SignalTools assembly.

bcroteau

Re: Using assembly packs

Post by bcroteau » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'm having some serious difficulties after "installing" the latest assembly packs...

I've followed the procedure in this post upgrading to v.6.2.4 of the assemblies (full installed version is v.6.2.1).

After doing this my toolbox now looks like this:
Capture Toolbox.PNG
Capture Toolbox.PNG (9.21 KiB) Viewed 37821 times
Note the double entries for Audio Input, Audio Output etc... (each duplicate with a red X icon over it)

Futhermore, when I attempt to add a LightningChartUltimate control to my panel I get the following error:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.78 KiB) Viewed 37821 times
Even after clicking OK and re-attempting to add my control (as the error dialog suggests) all that happens is I get the error dialog over and over again...

What am I doing wrong?

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Please try resetting the toolbox. Right-click on your toolbox and select 'Reset Toolbox'. Then Create LCU 6.2.4 Tab in there, "choose items..." and browse 6.2.4 assemblies from your hard drive, not from GAC. Does this work?
LightningChart Support Team, PT

bcroteau

Post by bcroteau » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi Pasi,

I have several other components in my VS toolbox and a reset will force me to "reinstall" all of them... So, instead I simply deleted the tab for LCU then created a new one and added .dlls as per your request. The result was the same... Do you think a full reset will fix this problem? I can't see how it would and don't want to hard reset the toolbox unless I'm sure it will help...

Note that I have triple-checked that I'm adding the correct version of the .dlls (the new ones I downloaded and not the ones from the GAC).

Oh and upon further inspection I've found out why I see double icons - it would seem that there are two namespaces in the SignalTools.dll - ".SignalTools" and ".SignalToolsGUI". I can't see why I'd need the non-GUI version in my toolbox so I've removed them.

Bill

bcroteau

Post by bcroteau » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:59 pm

I think I may have found a solution to the problem...

Step 2.5 of your instructions should read:

"Right-click the assembly pack .zip file then click "Properties". In the "General" tab, click the "Unblock" button."

It would seem that VS warned me while installing the icons for the assembly pack that the file was downloaded and may be unsafe... blah... blah... blah... it seems that proceeding anyways (by clicking Continue) didn't really bypass the problem but rather just hid it.

By first Unblocking the downloaded .zip file, then extracting, then installing the .dlls to the toolbox, the VS warning is bypassed AND the components then install correctly in the toolbox.

Hope this helps somebody else!

ArctionJari

Post by ArctionJari » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks. Instructions updated.

rajkumar_r82

Post by rajkumar_r82 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:51 am

I am not able to download v.6.3.3_assemblies.zip.

http://storage.googleapis.com/arction/v ... eAccessId=....

I get an error stating connection was reset.

Can you please check and get back on this ?

ArctionJari

Post by ArctionJari » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:43 am

I tested the download page and it works just fine. Maybe it was some sort of temporary glitch.

Login to www.arction.com/downloads and try again and let us know if the problem does not go away.