LegendBox Symbols do not match series

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

bcroteau

LegendBox Symbols do not match series

Post by bcroteau » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:59 pm

It would seem that series symbols in the legend are not respecting the aspect ratio of the symbols assigned to the series themselves.

Here's an example:
Series.png
Series.png (34.82 KiB) Viewed 5310 times
In this case Series 2 has clearly been given a symbol that is elliptical (width=30, height=20) which works correctly on the chart, however the series in the legend seems to be resizing the symbol. I imagine that you're doing this to make sure the symbols in the legend are a normalized size and always legible however in this case, it seems to be resizing them to be square making my series indistinguishable... Other attributes, such as "angle" are being properly respected (as you can see in the screenshot).

While I can understand why you need to resize the symbol in the legend to make it legible I would expect the aspect ratio of the symbol to be maintained.

Please note that the example provided is trivial - we frequently have charts with MANY series and have to "recycle" the markers as there are only 5 bulit-in shapes that suit our purposes... therefore we use techniques such as rotation and "stretching" to provide a few more. We are also using colours to distinguish between series but for other reasons we cannot rely only on colour (for example we also colour our markers based on a 3rd parameter - similar in concept to a heat map).

ArctionPasi

Re: LegendBox Symbols do not match series

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:32 pm

We'll improve the icons so they keep the aspect ratio of the shape in near future.
LightningChart Support Team, PT