Text quality

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

jrvdboom

Text quality

Post by jrvdboom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Hi,

Is there any way to improve the quality of the text used in the chart (labels, titles, legend, etc.)?
I already set the FontQuality to High and made sure that LayoutRounding was on, but I still find the text rather blurry.
See attachment.

Thanks,
Joost
Attachments
blurry.png
blurry.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 8382 times

ArctionPasi

Re: Text quality

Post by ArctionPasi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi Joost,

Some Intel HD /GMA graphics have texture quality setting, it may have been to low quality. I'm wondering if your running with such.

If you are running with Intel GPU, right-click on your desktop, and select "Intel graphics settings" or something like that, and find 3D texture quality setting. Set it to high quality.

The textures are used fonts rendering in LC only when using FontsQuality = High.

After checking this, there are a couple of options to achieve better font appearance.
- Use dark background
- Use translucent shadow in background of the texts
- Select different font
LightningChart Support Team, PT

jrvdboom

Re: Text quality

Post by jrvdboom » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:52 am

Hi Pasi,

My Intel 3D settings were already to high quality.
The light background and font are part of the visual design of our company, so I can't just change that.
I played a bit with semi-transparent shadows and it does seem to improve the readability somewhat.

If fonts are rendered as textures in High mode, how are fonts rendered in Mid quality? I'm just curious :)

Anyway, we might choose to let WPF render the titles outside of LC. But that will only work when we don't have stacked axes.