Logarithmic Intensity Scale

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

ShawnCG

Logarithmic Intensity Scale

Post by ShawnCG » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Is it possible to display a logarithmic intensity scale in the graph legend for IntensityGridSeries (2D) and SurfaceGridSeries3D elements? I can set my color palette to have entries at regular log intervals, but the intensity scale still shows the color variation in a linear fashion.

Alternatively I could take the log of all of my data values, but then the units in the legend will be log-units, and I'd rather the labels show the linear scale. Any thoughts or workaround suggestions?

ArctionPasi

Re: Logarithmic Intensity Scale

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Currently the palette fill is for linear value scale only. Logarithmic coloring or legend box gradient haven't been implemented. :|
LightningChart Support Team, PT

ShawnCG

Post by ShawnCG » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:52 pm

For now I suppose I'll stick with providing log-scaled data for the grid series data and then live with log-values instead of actual values displayed in the legend. That is unfortunate because the user experience would be much more polished if you could toggle back and forth between linear and log color mapping with no change in the interpretation of the intensity scale values shown in the legend. :(

ahe

Post by ahe » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Pasi, could you please add a notice of the missing features to the documentation? ("Known issues")

Also, setting LogBase to values less than 1.0 seems to hang the application. There is no information on the valid range in the documentation as well.

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Also, setting LogBase to values less than 1.0 seems to hang the application. There is no information on the valid range in the documentation as well.
LogBase is limited to values > 1 in the new version 6.5.5. LogBase of <= 1 are not usable in LightningChart currently.
LightningChart Support Team, PT