The chart will not be updated on systems with Intel 11th generation CPUs

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

maysamdata

The chart will not be updated on systems with Intel 11th generation CPUs

Post by maysamdata » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:50 am

On 11th generation Intel systems, when I create a bar series in stack mode, this series is not displayed in the chart. But when I resize the program page, it shows the bar series. I also checked the horizontal bar chart demo example and there is the same problem in that example so that when I uncheck some series in the legend box, nothing changes until I maximize and minimize the page once, then the legend box is unchecked. Becomes. But I tested it on older systems, no problem. I have tried several systems with 11th generation Intel CPU, this problem exists and it seems that there is a problem with this generation of Intel CPU. please guide me. I used Arction LightningChart .NET v10.0.1.

ArctionKestutis

Re: The chart will not be updated on systems with Intel 11th generation CPUs

Post by ArctionKestutis » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:47 am

Most likely problem is due to Intel Iris Xe graphics. Intel’s Iris Xe graphics, also known as Intel Xe, is available in a number of 11th-gen Intel Core quad-core processors. We have gotten several reports from customers with same the graphic chip. Problem manifested differently, but it seems that there is faulty support for DirectX 11 from Intel Iris Xe side (maybe WPF or .NET related).
There are many DirectX applications and games which does not work properly with this graphic card. I seen (e.g.) that Intel released drivers update after 1st reports (year ago), but it seems not solved all issues.

Best workaround is to use another (dedicate) graphic cards, if possible.
If that is not possible, try updating graphic drivers. In general, Intel support pages (e.g.) suggest first to visit specific computer's manufacture page for the best drivers. If that did not help, user can try generic drivers from Intel. However, clean installation of graphic drivers is preferred.

Finally, you can switch device type used by LightningChart. That is, set DeviceType property (under _chart.ChartRenderOptions in WPF and _chart.RenderOptions in Windows Forms) to HardwareOnlyD9 or SoftwareOnlyD11. However, note that SoftwareOnlyD11 uses WARP rendering (Microsoft WARP drivers), which slower, while HardwareOnlyD9 don't have all charting features implemented (e.g. Volume rendering and SampleDataBlockSeries are missing).