Segmented Y axis - have the axis alternate on each segment?

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

greggorob64

Segmented Y axis - have the axis alternate on each segment?

Post by greggorob64 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm trying to develop a 'stripchart' (image below). I originally tried to use the 'stacked axis' layout to accomplish this goal, but ran into the following issue: The user needs to be able to easily add and remove axis from the screen. Since I dont want to physically remove the axes from the chart, I was able to accomplish this using segments (the axes\series i dont want to show are all set to invisible)

Anyways, my question: I want each segment to have the first axes alternate whether its on the left or right. Is this possible? This was kind of "built in" to the stacked axes.

ArctionPasi

Re: Segmented Y axis - have the axis alternate on each segme

Post by ArctionPasi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:03 pm

It doesn't seem to be possible currently, without automatic axis placement.

By setting ViewXY.AxisLayout.YAxisAutoPlacement = LeftThenRight applies that rule for each segment separately. Setting that to 'Off' and setting each Y axis Position property 0 = left, or 100 = right moves the axis accordingly. Also align the ticks to left and right accordingly.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

greggorob64

Re: Segmented Y axis - have the axis alternate on each segme

Post by greggorob64 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks pasi, the manual solution should work just fine. I have an 'enable stripchart' menupic that toggles the axis between stacked and segments, i'll have to also toggle the axis settings between 'auto' and the ones mentioned above.