3D view display issue

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

lukoprovandrey

3D view display issue

Post by lukoprovandrey » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:46 am

Hello guys!

I need your help in specific issue.

I use 3D view and SurfaceMeshSeries3D. Me need display 20 charts with it. When I try do it i got the next result:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (14.79 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
I found the problem: it is out of memory in LCU dll. I investigated my code and found what for each charts I draw much SurfacePoint (about 1 000 000). I tried remove zero points from SurfacePoint and I got next results:
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (33.66 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
Better))
but all points in SurfacePoint array depend from each other. It is reason why i can't remove all zero points from this array.

My alone chart should looks like this:
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (99.06 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
Could you propose me view which can displays like image above?
I need to draw column(independent from each other but will be better if they will be storing in the same array) with different colors.

Thsnks.
-Andrey.

ArctionPasi

Re: 3D view display issue

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

Using dozens of 1000x1000 sized 3D surface mesh series will unavoidable run out of memory, on both CPU and GPU side. Too much vertices is too much...

To show dozens of 1000x1000 size charts like that, you'd need to use ViewXY's IntensityGridSeries, with PixelRendering = True, and by giving the double[][] data array with SetValuesData. Don't use Data property because it will be slow.

Maybe you can show these miniature charts in ViewXY, and when that chart is double-clicked, it would open the data in one large 3D chart as SurfaceMeshSeries like you do now.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

lukoprovandrey

Re: 3D view display issue

Post by lukoprovandrey » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:07 am

Thank you.