Realtime chart

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

abol_fa

Realtime chart

Post by abol_fa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:21 am

Hi.
how do i implement a realtime chart with 8 series?
i need to add points dynamically to each series.
also i need my chart to be scrollable.
Last edited by abol_fa on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

ArctionKestutis

Re: Realtime chart

Post by ArctionKestutis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am

Hi,

You can check the overview of all features in Action's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQA9NV ... Jj2OKzrkmw
However, the easiest way to learn is to open our Demo App and check the examples. There is group of examples "Real-time monitoring", which cover the topic of your interest. On-the-fly source code display is available in WinForms, Non-Bindable WPF and Semi-bindable WPF demo applications. Press 'Show source code…' button to view the source code of selected example. The source code is available as C# and VB.NET (machine-converted).

If you have further question, don’t hesitate to contact support (support(at)arction.com)!

All the best.

abol_fa

Post by abol_fa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:10 am

ArctionKestutis wrote:Hi,

You can check the overview of all features in Action's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQA9NV ... Jj2OKzrkmw
However, the easiest way to learn is to open our Demo App and check the examples. There is group of examples "Real-time monitoring", which cover the topic of your interest. On-the-fly source code display is available in WinForms, Non-Bindable WPF and Semi-bindable WPF demo applications. Press 'Show source code…' button to view the source code of selected example. The source code is available as C# and VB.NET (machine-converted).

If you have further question, don’t hesitate to contact support (support(at)arction.com)!

All the best.
i used the temperture graph sample to get what i want but i get an index out of bounds exception an this line:
m_dLatestX = m_chart.ViewXY.XAxes[0].DateTimeToAxisValue(DateTime.Now);

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Index out of bounds exception can happen if ViewXY.XAxes list is empty. Please check you have added an axis there.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:26 pm

From the project send to Support, it seems like LightningChart updates must was not done in (main) UI thread. All UI stuff must be updated in UI thread, otherwise the application is prone to crashing or doing all kind funny stuff.