PointLineSeriesSmith MouseDoubleClick event handling

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

lokesh

PointLineSeriesSmith MouseDoubleClick event handling

Post by lokesh » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi,
I tried to handle the MouseDoubleClick event of PointLineSeriesSmith and for some reason, I can't get the control in the listening method.
I set the MouseHighlight property of PointLineSeriesSmith to MouseOverHighlight.Simple and the MouseInteraction property is also set to true. Is there some other property that I need to set?
I tried handling the mouse down event and I am able to receive the control in the listening method.

Thanks.

Regards,
Lokesh

ArctionKestutis

Re: PointLineSeriesSmith MouseDoubleClick event handling

Post by ArctionKestutis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 am

Hi Lokesh,

If you using WPF edition of LightningChart, you should use Preview... events. That is, in your case PreviewMouseDoubleClick.

All the best,
Kestutis

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi Dr.,
Thanks for the reply.
I am working with WinForms. Also, I couldn't find the PreviewMouseDoubleClick event in the PointLineSeriesSmith. The version number that I am using is 7.2.1.4001. Could you please tell me if it works on your side?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Lokesh

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:20 am

Hi Lokesh,

In Winforms it is Series.MouseDoubleClick event and it is working in v7.2.1.(400)1 as well. Unless you disable Series.MouseInteraction you should get event firing. In latter case you would not see Highlighting by mouse as well. How about other mouse event (click, down, up)? If those are working, may be you have problem with your mouse (drivers, not fast enough clicking etc.)?
In any case, although version 7.2.1.1 is good, the latest version have far more improvement and new features. Why not to try v7.2.6.1 or v8.0.2.1 ?!

All the best,
Kestutis

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi Dr.,
Thanks for the reply.
The Series.MouseInteraction is set to true and I have the Highlighting set to simple, which is working good. Further, I am able to get the MouseDown and MouseUp events, but not the MouseClick event. Also, I am able to get the MouseDoubleClick event of the PointLineSeries.

For now, I am checking the Clicks property in the MouseDown and doing the handling. I guess the work around is good for now.

Thank you for the suggestion on the new versions. I will be updating to the latest version in a short while.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Lokesh

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:11 am

Hi Lokesh,

You absolutely right. I just missed that you asking about SmithView not ViewXY. :oops:
Yes, I could not get mouseClick and mouseDoubleClick event on ViewSmith, although ViewPolar it is working. Only MouseDown and MouseUp events are fired, which is a bit mysterious.
We will look at the issue more closely.

Sorry for inconvenience.

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi Dr.,
That is OK. I was wondering if there was some other issue. I can wait for the fix.

Thanks.

Regards,
Lokesh

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:21 am

The issue should be fixed in v8.1.1.1

All the best.